Mar 19, 2007

home from SxSW

okay so I went to texas, Austin that is...with the Awkward Stage

here is my first installment of photos of shows that I saw. Most of these pictures are pretty bad as I cannot seem to take a photo without my hands jiggling.
thats me enjoying the 26 degree sun while watching the Melvins. they were really good, I like the Melvins alot, they played alot of old songs that I knew.
here is my blurry photo of small sins playing. you can see brent's head just barely. I ran into Pat Steward on the street on his way to small sins, so I went with him.
here is a terrible photo of daniel johnston. what an amazing treat and rare experience to see him in person. He told some very inappropriate jokes and then played around 6 songs that were completely amazing in their sincerity. I liked the Lucifer song the best. his arms and hands shook so throughout the entire set.and finally a not so bad photo of peter bjorn and john. they played a creepy televised show, but at least the show was big so I could easily get in. I love this record. Bjorn is my favorite. i am going to see them at the Commodore in April.

more to come. but those were all the shows that I went to, except for aqualung (whom I had never heard of, but they were pretty good). I ate my first corn dog at the aqualung show.

No comments: