Oct 14, 2006

on being a bass player

my mind is bursting with bass lines. I am about to add some more musical globs into my mind.


so I was playing with pokiok falls and then heather moved to shanghai for a year, Shane Nelken played keyboards with us and he asked me to play bass in his band but I had already said yes to Fancey so I declined to Shane's band, the Awkward stage. I help peeps with Factor grants. I helped my friend Chris do a grant and then he asked me to play keyboards in bossanova. We went to Montreal in sept. I went to Boston with Fancey in sept and then we were planning to go to NYC but we cancelled. Bossanova was expecting me to be in NYC with fancey so a show was booked for CMJ. I am no longer going to NYC with Fancey so Bossanova has to fly me out to NYC in Nov. Jason Zumpano plays drums in Fancey and we went to boston together. Jason has his own band, sparrow, in which I used to play cello. Jason just called me and asked me to play bass for him at his CMJ show, so now my bossanova flight needs to be changed to compensate for me to play with Sparrow. Sparrow's showcase is now with Shane's band, the Awkward Stage, whom I originally declined to play with.....hmmmm....Carl Newman will be dj'ing the CMJ showcase (I played cello on his album). Oh ya and the Fancey CMJ was originally to play with Awkward stage and Sparrow....

So I suppose I should have said yes to the Akward Stage in the first place and then my NYC experience would seem good and stable?

my mind explodes. good thing I have a flexible schedule.

wino pick of the week: hawthorne mtn cab franc
tea of the week: murchies empress afternoon
cookie of the week: nature's path spicesnap
food of the week: baked potato
curious food additive of the week: the caper
band of the week: band of horses
clothing of the week: my new built by wendy yellow sweater
viewing pleasure of the week: Rome series (HBO)

No comments: