Oct 17, 2006

the most lovely animal in the world

we went on the ghost train tonite. pics to come.

but in the meantime, my all-time favorite animal. a malaysian tapir. photo taken by my long time friend and ex-boss, Janet. (thanks) she was at the point defiance zoo.

big shock : they're endangered. what an amazing, gentle, vegetarian, kinda-panda-looking, kind of cow/pig ungulate. notice the fuzzy white tipped ears. truth be told, I have a minor collection of malaysian tapir paraphernalia...

when I was in singapore I went to the zoo. (everyone must go there at some point in their lives) the zoo, that is. singapore was equally lovely and kind. there was a brazilian or south american tapir at the singapore zoo....not nearly as fuzzy and panda-like. more brown and small and ardvarkian.

enjoy! (although I have yet to meet a fellow tapir admirer)



No comments: